A structured vocabulary containing authority records for cultural works such as architecture, movable works (e.g. paintings), and moving image media (e.g. films).
- Allow users to compile authorized terms or headings used by a single organization or consortium in cataloging, indexing, or documentation (CDWA)
- Allow for the management of synonyms and related terms, including non-hierarchical "associative relationships" among authorities
- Allow users to create hierarchies within authority records
- Enable term control in intake records, object records, and other authorities
- The authority should be compliant with ISO and NISO standards for thesauri
Standards, Guidelines + Use Cases
Similarities to CONA, the Getty Cultural Objects Name Authority.