The managemnet and documentation of information relating to potential threats to an organization's collections and the objects for which it is temporarily responsible. It includes the provision of information enabling preventative measures to be taken as well as documentation supporting disaster planning.
* A risk assessment on objects in its care;
* The establishment of building codes and priority codes identifying items for immediate removal from the disaster area;
* The maintenance of an information file of individuals and organizations to approach in the event of a disaster (to be reviewed annually);
* The training of staff and volunteers in the management of risk and in disaster recovery;
* Accountability for objects during and after disaster.
Standards, Guidelines + Use Cases
Definition and requirements from:
Spectrum Version 3.1
Created and Maintained by CollectionsTrust