The improvement of the standard of information about objects and collections to meet minimum standards by the documentation of new information for existing objects and collections.
- Define the purposes of the organisation's documentation system. The primary purpose should be to establish accountability and access;
- Define the organisation's understanding of the backlogs it has;
- Work towards reducing its backlog;
- Review progress on reducing the backlog on a regular basis;
- Work towards an overall improvement in the quality of information held about objects and collections;
- Review progress on the overall improvement in the quality of information on a regular basis.