Documentation and Installation
Documentation for CollectionSpace 2.3, including downloading and installation instructions.
March 5-9, 2012: Scope Review and Prioritization
March 12-16, 2012: Design Week
March 19-23, 2012: Development
March 26-30, 2012: Development
April 2-4, 2012: Development (additional time added at stand up 3/29)
April 4-9, 2012: QA and Release
April 10-11, 2012: Doc Sprint
Work to be considered for the release
- Upgrade of Location and Movement
- Investigate getting the Nuxeo DM working as a diagnostic and support tool, and to aid with import/export workflows
- Add fields to existing groups (CSPACE-3894) - delayed from v2.2 and completed for v2.3
Functionality contact: Carly Bogen
- Continue functionality identified in Phase III grant proposal for Q1
- Work with deployers on design for improvements to vocabularies and authorities (Release 2.4)
The following code contributions are incorporated in this release, all from UC Berkeley:
- Configuration changes were made that reduced data fetches, resulting in significant (up to 10- to 20-fold) speed improvements when returning list and search results, including lists of proposed terms in autocomplete fields.
- Cataloging pages can now display a thumbnail image from media associated with a Cataloging object.
(Currently, if a Cataloging record is associated with multiple media records that include images, only one of those images will be displayed on the Cataloging page.)
- The Concept Authority was added.
- The Place Authority was added.
For more details, see Proposed Contributions, below.
- In Location and Movement records, several fields were added to also support Inventory activities (Inventory Control Schema, CSPACE-4925). For those doing data import or sending requests via the Services Layer REST APIs, here's what's been added:
- Inventory date
- Inventory contact list (a repeatable group consisting of zero or more Inventory contacts)
- Inventory action required
- Inventory note
- Frequency for inventory
- Next inventory date
- Following the above change, these records are now referred to as Location/Movement/Inventory records.
- In Intake records, the fieldCollectionDate field is now correctly declared as a date field, rather than as a string field, in services schema (CSPACE-4883).
- In Cataloging records:
- The Content -> Concept field is now an autocomplete field whose terms come from the Concept authority, rather than a string field.
- The Object History and Association -> Associated Concept field is now an autocomplete field whose terms come from the Concept authority, rather than a string field.
- The Object Collection -> Field Collection Place field is now an autocomplete field whose terms come from the Place authority, rather than a string field.
- Improved search performance by reducing fan out
- Clickable image component (Note: Configurations to app layer are required to take advantage of this component. See the page for more information.)
- Develop initial version of Concept Authority
- Develop Place Authority
Open Issues for 2.3
com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target