The management and documentation of information about the make-up and condition of an object, and recommendations for its use, treatment and surrounding environment.
- Ensure that the documentation of condition checks is completed by trained persons;
- Ensure that all condition check documentation is up-to-date;
- Ensure all information is documented and is accessible via the object number;
- Ensure that individual and collective responsibilities within the organisation for condition checking are clearly defined and identified;
- Ensure that the date, name of the condition checker and the reason for checking is recorded;
- Ensure condition checking is carried out whenever a change to the object, its use or surrounding environment occurs;
- Enable the condition of an object to be monitored over time;
- Ensure that a set procedure is followed when object condition 'danger signals' are observed;
- Ensure a condition check happens as part of the following procedures: Object entry, Loans in, Acquisition, Conservation and collections care, Use of collections and Deaccession and disposal.