Specifically, this service provides:
- On demand integration. Whenever new code is checked in, this service will build one or more of its layers from source code and (optionally) run tests.
- Nightly integration. Each night, this service builds and deploys the entire project from scratch, and runs tests against it.
The continuous integration service sends notifications to the project team if any code has "broken" the build or (where relevant) introduced test failures, so these issues can be rapidly corrected.
You may access the CollectionSpace Bamboo instance here (requires a Bamboo account):
Receiving Notifications of Build Results
If you want to be notified of the results of builds:
- Create a Bamboo account, if you don't already have one, by clicking the "Signup" link near top right of the Home page, and following the subsequent instructions.
- Click the "Log in" link at upper right.
- Enter your Bamboo account username and password, and click the "Log in" button.
- Click the "Home" link near the top left.
- You'll see a list of one or more build plans. Click on the "star" icon, at the far right of the name of any build plan, to become a "watcher" of its builds.
If you later wish to disable notifications, click the "star" once again. A "gold" star icon indicates that you're a watcher, while a "gray" star icon indicates that you are not a watcher.
Currently, notifications are available via email, and are sent to the email address specified in your Bamboo account profile. To edit that email address, click the "Profile" link near top right, then the "Edit Profile" link.
Starting and Stopping the Bamboo Server
CollectionSpace's Bamboo server is installed here on the bamboo.collectionspace.org server:
To start and stop the Bamboo server, you will need an account with 'sudo' privileges on the bamboo.collectionspace.org server. To start Bamboo: