The collection feature is used to group objects together using some criteria determined by a user or group of users. Collections may be private or public, and used for a variety of activities including research, exhibition planning, and as an aid to collections exposure.
The collections feature should:
- Allow users to create "virtual" collections that group objects together using a defined set of criteria
- Allow users to see all objects contained within a collection
- Allow users to add or remove any object from a collection
- Allow users to add the results of a given search string to a collection (or create a new collection from the results of a search)
- Allow users to create public or private collections, and determine whether public collections have read or read/write access
- Allow objects to belong to multiple collections