Installing the CollectionSpace server
FIRST - Your first step should be to ensure that all System Requirements for a CollectionSpace Server have been met.
Lists the operating system and server requirements for running CollectionSpace.
How to install CollectionSpace on Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, and similar Linux systems
How to install CollectionSpace on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
How to install CollectionSpace on a generic Unix-like or Windows system.
Beginning with version v4.3, you can configure CollectionSpace to work with an Elasticsearch cluster. To learn more about Elasticsearch follow this link: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.7/getting-started.html
To use CollectionSpace with Elasticsearch, you'll first need to download and install Elasticsearch 1.7.x. As of v4.3, CollectionSpace works with Elasticsearch v1.7.x (does not work yet with v2.x of Elasticsearch). You can download it here: https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-1-7-4 You can learn how to setup an Elasticsearch cluster by following this link: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.7/setup.html. The default configuration will create a cluster named "elasticsearch" which is the cluster CollectionSpace will attempt to work with by default.
By default, CollectionSpace will attempt to connect to an Elasticsearch cluster named "elasticsearch" running on the same server. You can point CollectionSpace to a different cluster by changing the configuration file at '$CSPACE_JEESERVER_HOME/cspace/config/services/proto-elasticsearch-config.xml' and restarting the CollectionSpace server.
Be sure your Elasticsearch cluster is running before you start the CollectionSpace server. This will ensure that all your CollectionSpace collection data will be indexed by Elasticsearch.
- Configuring CollectionSpace to connect to a remote PostgreSQL database server
- Enabling access logging
- Initializing data
- Installing and configuring MySQL
- Installing ImageMagick
- Naming a CollectionSpace system with an instance identifier
- PostgreSQL Installation under Linux
- PostgreSQL Installation - Windows, Mac OS X, Generic Linux
- Reinitializing CollectionSpace's Application layer
- Removing the Port Number from CollectionSpace URLs
- Shutting Down the CollectionSpace Server
- Starting Up the CollectionSpace Server
- Troubleshooting Installation Problems