CollectionSpace must be installed and run on a server and is accessed by users via a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. CollectionSpace does not support the Internet Explorer web browser. No additional software needs to be installed on an end-user's computer.
Using the Automated Installer (RECOMMENDED)
We've created an Automated Installer for performing an unattended installation of CollectionSpace on selected Linux systems. Using the automated installer on VPS or a VirtualBox server is the simplest way to get a CollectionSpace instance installed and running.
Installing via the Manual Steps
If you decide not to use the Automated Installer (and a VPS or VirtualBox), keep in mind that manually installing CollectionSpace on a server requires advanced knowledge and familiarity with command-line tools, networking settings, etc. If you don't have experience with these tools, please consider using the Automated Installer.
For detailed instructions on manually installing CollectionSpace onto an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server, click on this link: Installing on an Ubuntu LTS Linux Server
- Configuring CollectionSpace to connect to a remote PostgreSQL database server
- Enabling access logging
- Initializing data
- Installing ImageMagick
- Naming a CollectionSpace system with an instance identifier
- PostgreSQL Installation under Linux
- PostgreSQL Installation - Windows, Mac OS X, Generic Linux
- Reinitializing CollectionSpace's Application layer
- Removing the Port Number from CollectionSpace URLs
- Shutting Down the CollectionSpace Server
- Starting Up the CollectionSpace Server
- Troubleshooting Installation Problems