This document explains how to download or check out the CollectionSpace source code. This code is made available in the CollectionSpace Source Code Repository.
- You will either need a basic level of experience with downloading and unzipping/expanding files from links on a web page.
- Git client software must be installed on the machine onto which you will be checking out source code, and you will need a basic level of experience with this software.
Follow these general steps to download the CollectionSpace source code via a web page link:
- Visit the appropriate web page on GitHub.com that contains download links (of "tagged" releases for each version) for the CollectionSpace layer(s) you wish to download.
- Click the link for the appropriate version.
- Unzip (or otherwise expand) the downloaded file.
Follow these general steps to check out the CollectionSpace source code via your Git client software, so that you can work with it further using that software:
- Create a directory for the source code.
- Change into that directory.
- Check out the source code from the project's source code repository using your Git client software.
Rather than checking out the entire project's source code, you will generally download or check out the source code for one or more of its layers. See the following documents for details:
This document has explained how to download or check out the CollectionSpace project source code.