- Quality Assurance Help and Advice
- Guidelines for following a test plan
- All QA testing should take place on this server: http://qa.collectionspace.org:8180/collectionspace/ui/core/html
Keyboard Accessibility under Mac:
- OS X limits keyboard access to only text boxes and lists, this can and should be changed when testing the keyboard accessibility.
From within System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts tab there is a setting for allowing Full Keyboard Access. Default is "Text boxes and lists only" and this should be changed to "All Controls". Additionally, this can be enabled via keyboard shortcut: ctrl+F7
(More info: http://abilitynet.wetpaint.com/page/Mac+OS+X+-+Enabling++keyboard+access+in+web+browsers)
- In at least some version(s) of Mac Safari, you must navigate to top-level tabs and secondary tabs via Option-Tab, rather than Tab.
- In at least some version(s) of Mac Chrome, you can navigate to top-level tabs and secondary tabs by enabling this option:
In Settings -> Show advanced settings ... -> Web Content
"Pressing Tab on a webpage highlights links, as well as form fields"
Relevant wiki pages:
- QA Test plans - Listing: listing of all test plans
NOTE: This test plan is OS specific for Major Releases only. On all tests below, check to make sure that the layout and fonts appear as expected.
Test 1: Dialog Appears as Normal
- Create a new Cataloging record
- Click the save button
- The message "Please specify an Identification Number" should be displayed in the bottom message bar.
- Add an Identification number
- Save the record
- Click the delete button
- A dialog should appear with the correct layout display and fonts asking you to confirm delete.
- Click cancel.
Test 2: Authorities appear as normal
- Continue from Test 1 (or edit existing Cataloging record)
- In one authority field, enter a new authority and add it using the small dialog that appears.
- In another authority field, enter an existing authority and select from the options that appear.
- Click the bottom save button
- "Record successfully saved" message should appear along with the current time in the bottom message bar
- After successful save message, all the fields should contain the same value as you entered/selected
- After successful save message, The "Term" column in Terms Used should contain the display name of the authority
- After successful save message, The "Field" column in Terms Used should equal the name of the field the authority is listed in
- After successful save message, The "Vocabulary" column in Terms Used should display the type of authority it is
Test 3: Non-ASCII Characters in UI
- Continue from Test 2 (or open an existing cataloging record)
- In one single and one multiline text area, copy and paste: café. Be sure characters paste as shown.
- In one single and one multiline text area, copy and paste: ñó? ä?çíì / / Huáy?; ?? Zh?ngwén ???????? Lech Wa??sa æøå
Note: If the characters appear as question marks, use this link to copy the correct characters.
- Save the record
- After the successful save message appears, all fields should contain the same value as you entered
Test 4: All fields available via the keyboard
- Use tab through the entire formula
- Each of the fields should be reachable
- The two save buttons, as well as Cancel button, should be reachable
- The folding functionality should be usable (tab to it and hit space)
Test 5: Vocabulary Fields usable via keyboard only
- Go to a name authority field (e.g. Object Description Information->Content->Person)
- Variation a: Write a prefix to an existing person name authority (e.g. "james")
- Variation b: Write a non-existing person name authority
- Variation a: The drop down of existing authorities should be reachable using keyboard only
- Variation b: The options to clear one's entry without adding, or to add an entry to a name authority via the drop down menu, should be available using keyboard only
Test 6: Secondary Tab and Dialog Displays Correctly
- Continue from Test 5 (or edit an existing cataloging record)
- Click the Secondary cataloging tab
- A list of related Cataloging records (the same list that is shown in the Used By / Cataloging section of the right sidebar) should be visible. If no Cataloging records are related to the document, this list should be empty.
- No Object/cataloging form should be displayed underneath the list
- Click the "+ Add Record" button
- A dialog should appear with allowing you to add related records
- Variation a: Click the close button in the top right corner of the dialog.
- Variation b: Hit ESC on your keyboard.
- The dialog should be dismissed and no changes should have occurred to page or list
|CSPACE-4650||1.13 QA Related record selected from secondary task list of related records does not render correctly.||Unassigned||Open||Nov 16, 2012|
|CSPACE-4605||Win7 Chrome Specific QA Test 4 - Tab access||Unassigned||Open||Oct 15, 2012|