This procedure describes how CollectionSpace System Administrators can create, edit, delete, and find users of the CSpace system.
The following tasks may be performed by a system user with write (or for deletion, delete) access for user accounts.
- Access the administration interface via the "Administration" link in the page header.
- To create a new user, click the + User button above the user list. Fill in the details for the new user. Note that the password has to be between 8 and 24 characters, and the email address must be valid. (This is required if the user ever needs to reset their own password.)
- In the right side of the user form, mark the role(s) you want the user to have. Each user should have at least 1 role and can several roles assigned. To create new roles, or see the details of an existing role, see: How to add, edit, and delete user roles and permissions
To edit a user, select the user name from the list. You can modify any of the fields displayed below.
|The screenshot below needs to be updated, to show that the Password and Confirm Password fields also now appear when editing an existing user account.|
To delete a user, select the user name from the list. Click the "Delete" button above the form and confirm deletion when asked.
To find a user, enter the user name into the search box at the top of the user list. The list of users will be reduced to the ones matching the search term. To return to the full user list, select the "show all users" button.
You can immediately test the results of your updates by viewing the user records, after they are created or modified.
You (or the person for whom you created the account) can also attempt to log in via the CollectionSpace Sign In page, and verify that:
- They can log in successfully with their username and password.
- After logging in, they have the expected set of permissions within the system.
This procedure has described how a system user with the appropriate access permissions can add, edit, delete, and find user accounts.